Your Credit File
What Information Do They Hold?
Your credit score is determined by your credit file, which is a record of your credit history. It is held by credit bureaus such as Equifax and can contain the following information:
- credit enquiries made in the past five years relating to loans sought for household, personal or domestic purposes, or where you have agreed to act as guarantor for someone else
- current credit relationships; that is, the name of credit providers with whom you currently have loan arrangements
- details of any debts that are 60 days or more overdue, or any debts that have been classified as serious credit infringements
- public information such as bankruptcy, court judgments and court orders
- commercial credit enquiries and debts.