Please click the video to pause or play again.
What Is A Credit Check? Credit checks are also known as ‘credit history checks’ or ‘credit reference checks’. Lenders carry out credit checks when individuals or businesses apply for a...
You & Your Credit File Your credit file includes information on your credit history, including overdue debts, lenders you have previously approached for credit and, if you’ve been shopping around...
Accessing Your Credit File Before accessing your file, the credit provider will either request your consent, or advise you of their intent to view it. They’ll then assess the credit...
What Are Credit Rating Agencies? In some countries like America, credit rating agencies assess the credit history of an individual or business to calculate their credit rating. This rating is...
What Is Veda Australia? Veda, an Equifax company is Australia’s leading credit bureau, holding more credit data than any other organisation in the country. Veda holds data on 2.5 million...
Who Will Check Your Credit File? A lender may wish to access this data as part of a credit check. Typically, a lender (such as a bank, phone company or...
Checking Your Own Credit Rating You can request a copy of your credit file online, to review the information that is likely to be reviewed as part of a credit...
How To Check & How Much Does It Cost? It’s relatively easy to check your credit rating for a fee. Obtaining a copy of your file for free is also...
Your Credit File What Information Do They Hold? Your credit score is determined by your credit file, which is a record of your credit history. It is held by credit...
- Accommodation (22)
- Legal System of Australia (2)
- Babies & Children (7)
- Child Care & Early Learning in Australia (6)
- Community Services (3)
- Utilities – Getting Connected (5)
- Credit Checks (11)
- Driver’s Licences in Australia (5)
- Education in Australia (9)
- Insurance Information (12)
- Tax in Aus (5)
- Financial Stuff (5)
- Health (7)
- Marriage & Relationships in Australia (7)
- Police Clearances (2)
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (3)
- Transporting Your Belongings to Australia (3)
- What to Bring With You (3)
- Superannuation – What You Need to Know (7)
- Working With Children Checks (5)
- Immigration & Residency (8)
- Government Benefits In Australia (10)
- Pensions – What You Need To Know (2)