Please click the video to pause or play again.
Government Benefits – NZ and Australia We all need some help sometimes! Whether it’s because you’ve been injured, just had a baby or can’t work anymore, most of the time...
Centrelink and Kiwis – What Is It and How Does It Work? Let’s start with the basics – the Australian agency that is responsible for government benefits and payments is...
Government Assistance in Australia – Available to Everyone There is a short list of benefits that everyone in Australia is able to claim – so it doesn’t matter how you’re...
Australian Government Assistance for Kiwis in Australia Now, here’s when your visa/residency status comes in (see our VISAS AND RESIDENCY section if you’re not sure what kind of visa you have) –...
Age Pension for Kiwis in Australia The age pension in Australia is roughly equivalent to NZ Superannuation. The age pension has the following requirements: Must be 65 years old or...
Disability Support Pension in Australia To claim the Disability Support pension, you must be classified by the Australian government as “severely disabled”. This can be a physical, psychiatric or intellectual...
Carer’s Pension in Australia To receive the Carer’s pension in Australia, you must be the primary carer for a partner who is receiving the Disability Support pension. You must have...
One-Off Payments from Australian Government If you’ve been in Australia for 10 years or more (on a SCV visa) AFTER 27 January 2001, you may be eligible for a one-off...
- Accommodation (22)
- Legal System of Australia (2)
- Babies & Children (7)
- Child Care & Early Learning in Australia (6)
- Community Services (3)
- Utilities – Getting Connected (5)
- Credit Checks (11)
- Driver’s Licences in Australia (5)
- Education in Australia (9)
- Insurance Information (12)
- Tax in Aus (5)
- Financial Stuff (5)
- Health (7)
- Marriage & Relationships in Australia (7)
- Police Clearances (2)
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (3)
- Transporting Your Belongings to Australia (3)
- What to Bring With You (3)
- Superannuation – What You Need to Know (7)
- Working With Children Checks (5)
- Immigration & Residency (8)
- Government Benefits In Australia (10)
- Pensions – What You Need To Know (2)