Skilled Independent Visa for Kiwis
Permanent Resident Visa for New Zealand Citizens only
The Australian Government announced on 19 February 2016 that for many Kiwis living in Australia for at least five years and have shown a continuous contribution to Australia, then there is a new visa only for those Kiwis Citizens.
This visa is a Skilled Independent Visa for Kiwis.
- BASED ON INCOME as what is shown on your Notice of Assessment. The income has to be at or above $53900 for each of the five years prior to applying.
- There are certain income exemptions.
- Usually resident in Australia for a continuous period of five years immediately prior to application and commenced that period on or before 19 February 2016.
- Meet health and character checks.
- Include partner, children/step children or your partners step children.
- Hold a Special Category Visa.
- Hold a valid Passport.
- Once the visa has been granted, then wait 12 months and apply for Australian Citizenship…yipeeee.