Family Visas in Australia for New Zealanders
New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship Temporary Visa
You might be able to get this visa if:
- you are not a New Zealand citizen
- you are a member of the family unit of a New Zealand citizen
- your New Zealand citizen family member is not an Eligible New Zealand Citizen
- your New Zealand citizen family member is living in Australia on a Special Category visa (subclass 444)or will be travelling with you to Australia and will be granted a Special Category visa (subclass 444) on arrival.
You must be related to the New Zealand citizen as one of the following:
- their partner
- their child/step-child or their partner’s child/step-child
- the dependent child of you or your partner’s child/step-child.
This visa is for 5 years only and allows you to work in Australia and can be extended before 5 years has expired.