Parent Visas

Parent Visas for Kiwis in Australia

You can apply for a parent visa if you have a child who is an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident (and has been for at least 2 years before your application).  You will need to have a sponsor who supports your application, and also be qualified under the “balance of family” test (which means that either half of your children live in Australia, or that more of your children live in Australia than any other country, including New Zealand).

For some kinds of parent visas, there are age limitations (must be old enough to receive a pension in Australia), and for others, you can pay a higher fee for a faster processing time.  Parent visas in Australia are “capped” at a certain number every year (for all applicants, not just Kiwis), which means that your application may not be accepted or processed for years at a time. For example the current processing time is 30 years.

There are many types of visas available in Australia and their requirements change quite frequently, a professional opinion will be able to assist you in finding the quickest path to permanent residency for you.  And, since permanent visa applications can be costly and take ages, a Registered Migration Agent can help you avoid having your application rejected.  Remember you do not get a refund if you complete the wrong visa application.


Leave a reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.


We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Copyright © NZRelo™ 2023. All Rights Reserved.


We help Kiwis living in Australia buy their own piece of New
Zealand,be it for investment or to live one day.


Forgot your details?