You must have permanently emigrated to New Zealand and have:
- A statutory declaration stating this is the case
- Proof of residence of address in New Zealand
What if you already have a KiwiSaver account?
- You are only able to have one KiwiSaver account at a time, if you are unsure if you are a KiwiSaver member you can check by logging into your IRD here.
- If you have already have a KiwiSaver and would still like to join Kōura we can still help you through that process, just follow the information outlined in the four key steps.
Setting up a KiwiSaver account with kōura is easy, the four key steps are:
Either arrange a call to have a kōura representative set you up with a kōura KiwiSaver or use their digital advice tool to build a KiwiSaver that works for you by clicking this link here (and make sure you fill out the online registration form that proceeds after you generate your portfolio).
You will need to have a current ID, an active New Zealand address and a valid IRD number. If you don’t have an IRD number, find more information about getting one, here.
Once you have created your kōura portfolio and completed the sign-up process, kōura will be in touch to acknowledge completion or request any additional information.
Once you have opened a kōura KiwiSaver account you will need to contact your Australian super provider and apply to transfer your funds to kōura
- Your Australia Superannuation provider may require confirmation about kōura as a complying New Zealand KiwiSaver Scheme that is able to accept Australian Super funds. kōura are able to assist with this process, please contact them at email@example.com to tell them that you intend to do this. The kōura team have a letter and application form that they can share with you.
- Once the application has been accepted by your Australian Super provider, they will be in touch with you to inform you about the expected timeline when they will transfer your Australia Super to your New Zealand KiwiSaver. This may take a few weeks.