Senior Occupational Therapist - Paediatrics - South West Sydney NSW
We are seeking an experienced Senior Paediatric Occupational Therapist required for innovative role in South West Area Sydney. Our Client: You will be a part of a supportive and dynamic multidisciplinary team of over 50 allied health professionals who have a passion for helping children achieve their goals within their school, home and clinic environments. Their school based services are in the classroom working holistically with the teachers and making a difference to the class not just 1 child.
The clinic, home visits and some school settings are based on a 1:1 or small group setting and involve the child's family and significant others. About the Role: We are seeking an experienced Senior Paediatric Occupational Therapist required for innovative role in South West Area Sydney. This position will be at management level and will provide the right person with the opportunity for you to grow a team under you, provide innovative intervention and supervise others.
The position will involve school based (mainstream and special education), clinic based and supervisory roles. As this role is innovative your Roles and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to: - Establish systems within new schools. - Grow and develop allied health teams.
- Supervise and mentor early career staff and students. - Function as part of the Learning support and welfare programs Screen, assess and set goals for clients. - Design and implement intervention programs.
- Training of School Support - for teachers & SLSO's Presentations to parents and teachers Working in whole classes, small groups or 1:1 therapy environments. - Evaluation of programs. About You: - Masters or Bachelor of Occupational Therapy or equivalent.
- Experience working with paediatric populations within school contexts. - Proven senior level experience. - Working with children clearance.
- National Police check clearance. - Membership to APHRA. - Passion, commitment, innovation and loyalty as well willingness to be part of large multidisciplinary team.
- Eligible to work permanently in Australia Desired Criteria: - Experience supervising Occupational Therapists or allied health teams. - Drivers Licence. - Access to your own car.
- Knowledge of word, excel, powerpoint and share point. Benefits: - Established company working with schools for over 30 years. - Large Multidisciplinary team.
- Strong Senior Support System. - External PD allowance. - Regular Internal PD events.
- Wide and varied case load with room to change and specialise as desired. - Able to work school terms only if desired - so if you have children this gives you quality time with them About Us: MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.