Technical Support Engineer
Brisbane based OEM company primarily for the bakery & catering industry that take pride in designing and manufacturing high quality, reliable products They lead the way by developing unique and intelligent designs that respond to the industries need to improve and advance the way things are done. They provide a supportive team environment that is based on trust and mutual respect, valuing everyone's place on the team. If you are self-motivated, committed to positive customer experiences and purse excellence in your career read on.
Key responsiblity and purpose of the role; • This role will be the front-line contact for technical enquiries, providing technical assessment, advise, support and coordination of contractors. • Support the TIS focus area, (training, installation and service) ensuring high quality and efficient maintenance and service support of equipment and machinery • Developing and delivering training materials to dealers, agents, technicians and service providers. Duties; • Understanding the complete work order processes from customer enquiry through to completion.
• Coordinate activities with team members, contractors and the customer to minimize equipment downtime and interruptions. • Develop equipment instructions/’how to’ materials to support technicians and service providers looking after our equipment. • Troubleshoots equipment problems –attending difficult repairs if necessary.
• Perform local on-site service and repair of equipment. • Ensure the Technician attending jobs has the right information to correctly diagnose and fix problems and that the Customer’s requirements and expectations are met. • Complete all documentation and data recording required.
• Perform upgrades and modifications to equipment as needed. • Carry out proactive customer follow up calls on regular basis for the purposes of feedback and relationship building. • Ensure/Monitor and encourage safe work practices are followed working within compliance with Company safety policies and procedures.
• Support emergency after hours’ operations as necessary. • Support spare parts stock and ordering controls. • Assist with stocktaking duties and reconciliations.
• Encourage good housekeeping; staff to maintain factory equipment and ensure consumables are in order eg; ✓ Keeping supplies and parts sorted ✓ Keeping toolbox in order • Provide records and reports as required. • Any other tasks as requested from time to time. Requirements; • Diploma or Degree qualified only • Strong Health and Safety Knowledge • Drivers Licence • Strong computer literacy and good working knowledge in windows based programs • Thorough understanding of the after Sales market / industry • Understanding and agreeing to terms of Employment Contract • Willing to travel.
Due to the requirements of the role some interstate and international travel will be required • White Card Competencies; • Good communication skills - Engag....