Want to be notified the moment a job has been posted? Setup Job Alerts
Technical Management SpecialistBT
Technical Management Specialist Job Req ID: 18315 Posting Date: 19 Aug 2023 Function: Security Location: Brisbane, Australia Salary: Competitive Recruiter: Hiring Manager: Career Grade: Internal Closing Date: Key Purpose of role - To manage and administer IP Enterprise, Data Centre & WIFI Technologies for BT and its Global customers. - Provide Level 3 technical support. Provide escalation support and liaising with customer representatives or vendors and supporting/directing other support staff where appropriate.
What I'll be doing - your responsibilities - Form an integral part of 247 rota to provide in-life support - Work on complex incidents, problems and changes within the Operational environment. - Provide level 3 operational support and own the high priority incident while maintaining the agreed SLA. - Be the technology SME for specialised product as per contract or business need - Be the Contract SME obtaining full infrastructure, tools and process knowledge.
- Provide escalation support to team members including first and second line of defence. - Root cause analysis and building PIR as and when required - Provide consultancy and support in Vulnerability management, IOS upgrades and policy management. - Ensure full awareness of the need to safeguard sensitive customer information at all times, so that customers perceive BT to be a trustworthy organisation.
- Configuring, troubleshooting, and managing Cisco Nexus (9k, 3k, 5k, etc.) - Configuring, troubleshooting, and managing Cisco WLC (5500, 9800) Cisco Prime - Managing Cisco ISE infrastructure - Perform Checks on the quality of work done by project team on newly commissioned network nodes and responsible for its handover acknowledgement to operations team. - Highlighting any design issues to the Engineering team and following up until its resolution - Suggesting design improvements to Engineering team which could be beneficial for the network going forward - Performing software upgrades of network elements - Perform after hour support (rostered on call) - Engage with equipment vendors for complex faults - Maintain up to date information about configuration Items and their associations required to deliver telecommunications services.
- Develop good technical awareness of new product developments in emerging technologies. - Manage own work effort effectively with minimum supervision. - Work on own initiative, recommending and implementing improvements to the network.
- Mentoring and raising the technical skills of level 1 and 2 engineers - Risk Analysis and Validate Changes to minimize the impact. - Assist with internal and external audit requests. - Provide Root Cause Analysis for Low, Medium and High Severity Incidents and work with problem management team to close the identified gaps.
- Provide technical review of changes being implemented by the projects team. - Responsible to document all Troubleshooting activities into the incident record/ticket. - Co-ordinate with onsite operation te....