Want to be notified the moment a job has been posted? Setup Job Alerts
Principal Geotech Engineer - (Defence)WSP USA
At Golder, we thrive on challenges. Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership. Golder has a new opportunity for a Principal Geotechnical Engineer (Defence)?to join our Team.
This role can be based in Sydney/ Melbourne OR Brisbane on a?full-time?basis. The focus of this role is to lead the delivery of best-practice geotechnical consulting services to Defence clients throughout Australia and collaborate with other discipline leaders to deliver multi-disciplinary projects in the Defence sector. Key duties and responsibilities will include - Deliver best practice consulting services to clients, based in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane, but focusing on Defence projects across Australia.
- Provide technical leadership for geotechnical services on large multi-disciplinary Defence projects. - Provide technical advice on complex geotechnical issues to clients and internal staff. - Technical reviewer fostering technical quality of deliverables.
- Manage key Defence client relationships, developing strategy, technical service offerings and significant business opportunities. - Build a reputation as technical leader/lead consultant with leadership of tender and project teams on consulting assignments. - Leverage the strength and depth of the Golder geotechnical team across Australia to deliver efficient, practical and innovative solutions to clients in the Defence sector.
- Contribute to Defence sector strategy and direction as a key senior member of the business. - Leadership of project teams on consulting assignments. - Project management, budgeting and quality control for consulting assignments.
- Embrace and lead our strong HSSE culture, providing safety leadership in identifying and alleviating/ eliminating high priority safety hazards. - Participate in Defence industry groups, expert panels etc. as part of maintaining high industry profile.
- Liaise with specialists from other disciplines or offices within Golder. - Mentor and coach junior through to senior staff with respect to their career growth and professional development. - Build a national network of geotechnical professionals across the Golder business focused on the pursuit and delivery of Defence sector projects.
- Participate in national and global Golder Technical Community forums or other technical society forums such as teleconferences and online. Skills, Qualifications, and Experience - Tertiary qualified in civil and/or geotechnical engineering with CPEng accreditation. - A well-developed knowledge of tendering and delivering geotechnical services for Defence Infrastructure projects including foundations, pavements, earthworks and excavations across all project phases from initial concept through to design and construction.
- Experience on large, intermediate and small size Defence projects at a senior level. - Previo....
Date09 March 2023