Want to be notified the moment a job has been posted? Setup Job Alerts
Vineyard Manager / Viticulturist Cool ClimateAccolade Wines
Enrich Your Everyday At Accolade Wines, our purpose is to enrich everyday moments through our amazing wine brands. It goes without saying that everything we do as an organisation and as individuals is in service of fulfilling this purpose. As one of the world’s leading wine companies, our award-winning portfolio includes loved brands such as Hardys, Grant Burge, St Hallett, House of Arras, Petaluma, Banrock Station, Mud House, Jam Shed, Tatachilla, Brookland Valley and many more.
The driving force behind our business is our people, their expertise, their passion and their professionalism. With over 1,400 dedicated employees in Australia, the UK, Europe, Asia, South Africa, New Zealand and North and South America, it is our teamwork that sets us apart. Vineyard Manager / Viticulturist - Cool Climate We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Vineyard Manager to manage all Company and Managed vineyards in the Adelaide Hills and support management of the Clare Valley and Tasmanian Company vineyards.
This role will also assist the Viticulture Manager Cool Climate in providing key grape growers with viticultural advice and guidance to ensure grapes are produced to the desired quality. About the role - Your Key Accountabilities Key tasks of the role include: • Manage grape production through exceptional Viticultural practices to achieve quality and quantity targets. • Chair the Adelaide Hills Vineyard SEQ meetings and ensure any actions are carried out.
• Oversee contract labour crews. • Liaise with the Viticulture Manager, Winemakers and other key stakeholders, to ensure the required grape quality is achieved. • Ensure Plant and Equipment is fit for purpose and maintained in good working order.
• Ensure vineyards and surrounds are maintained in a well presented fashion. • Build and manage the Operational budget for the Adelaide Hills, Clare and Tasmanian vineyards, in line with accolade Wines expectations. • Manage the CAPEX program for company vineyards, through CIF submission and purchasing.
• Maintain the Fixed Asset Register for Adelaide Hills, Clare Valley and Tasmanian vineyards. • Ensure that accurate records and statistics are kept and maintained. • Ensure invoicing is carried out for managed vineyards and contract work.
• Provide a written monthly report on major vineyard activities to the Viticulture Manager, Cool climate. • In conjunction with the Viticulture Manager, Cool Climate, manage vintage grape intake to ensure compliance with contractual specifications, winery grape booking schedules and Company SafeGrape requirements. • Assist the Viticulture Manager, Cool Climate, in the maintenance of grower spray records in Viti- central.
• Work on company improvement projects as required. About you The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years previous experience managing a cool climate vineyard and have a demonstrable working knowledge of vineyard operations along with good systems, reporting....