Want to be notified the moment a job has been posted? Setup Job Alerts
Indian curry cook and tandoori cook
Indian Curry Cook and Tandoori Cook. These positions are available at a Roti Boti Indian Restaurant located in Hampton St,Melbourne VIC. Must have experience in Indian cuisine.
Job is available for candidates with the right qualification. Indian Curry Cook - KEY TASKS • Have a full operational knowledge of all recipes, standards, portion sizes and presentation style of dishes produced within the kitchen. • Assist in the creation of menus (taking into account food and labour costs).
• Discuss food preparation issues with the manager and other staff and monitor the preparation and presentation of the dishes. • Maintain stock levels according to requirements of business and understand how this can have an effect on food costs. • Implement and ensure compliance with food hygiene standards and health and safety requirements.
• Check the freshness and quality of ingredients. • Ensure food prepared in the kitchen is of highest possible standards. • Be responsible for the supervision and training of any junior kitchen staff.
• Deal with food complaints efficiently. • Demonstrate strong organisational skills. • Prepare curries, sauces and desserts as and when required.
• Able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of traditional Northern Indian cuisine including desserts. • Preparing curries, sauces and desserts as per standard and style set by the Head Chef(s). Tandoori Cook - KEY TASKS • Operating a traditional tandoor oven, cooking such items as meat and breads.
• Preparing curries, sauces and desserts as per standard and style set by the Head Chef(s). • Regulating temperatures of tandoor, ovens, grills, burners/pans and other cooking equipment. • Able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of traditional Northern Indian cuisine including desserts.
• Storing food in temperature controlled facilities. • Ensure the correct preparation and presentation standard of the dishes is maintained at all times. • Demonstrating tandoor techniques and cooking procedures to other staff if required.
• Checking on food supplies and advising the supervisor of any requirements. • Ensure all the equipment used in section is in good condition and hygienically cleaned before and after use. • Ability to demonstrate strong organisational skills.
we are looking for a person with at least 2 to 3 years or more of cooking experience in a commercial kitchen(Indian cuisine). Please contact us on 0412402963 or send your resume at rotibotigmail.com Salary Range- AUD 55,000 to AUD 65,000.