Banks and Money – Useful Info About Credit Cards
- Interest on credit cards is very high, around 20 per cent or more.
- An increasing number of businesses now charge a fee when payment is made with a credit card.
- The most commonly accepted credit cards in Australia are MasterCard and Visa.
- American Express and Diners Club are also accepted by many businesses.
- Most department and chain stores also offer their own credit cards.
- Interest rates on store cards are also very high, sometimes up to double that of Visa or MasterCard.