So, you’re thinking of moving to Australia, made the move from New Zealand to Australia or your child/ren are ready to start school. If you are unsure what year they...
Tips & Tricks
> Tips & Tricks
Getting Married in Australia Getting married in Australia is currently governed under the Marriage Act of 1961 and its various amendments. The 2004 amendment to the Marriage Act defined marriage...
Marriage in Australia – What is De Facto? Current Australian law makes provisions for de facto relationships in the Family Law Act 1875 and its various amendments, which are defined...
Marriage in Australia – Registering Your Relationship It is possible to register a relationship (opposite or same sex) if you are living in New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Queensland,...
Dying in Australia Hopefully, your time in Australia will be a safe and happy one. However, in the event that a death occurs while you are in Australia, there are...
Need to contact the right people in relation to your marriage? need to source the nearest Birth registry office? have questions about a recent passing? Look no further all contact information, nation wide is below, please remember to leave a comment or share your experience so others can learn from you and your journey.
What Is A Credit Check? Credit checks are also known as ‘credit history checks’ or ‘credit reference checks’. Lenders carry out credit checks when individuals or businesses apply for a...
You & Your Credit File Your credit file includes information on your credit history, including overdue debts, lenders you have previously approached for credit and, if you’ve been shopping around...
Accessing Your Credit File Before accessing your file, the credit provider will either request your consent, or advise you of their intent to view it. They’ll then assess the credit...
- Accommodation (22)
- Renting in Australia
- Renting in Australia – Making A Good Impression
- Renting in Australia – Before You Arrive in Oz
- Renting in Australia – Considerations
- Renting in Australia – Leasing Necessary Documents
- Renting in Australia – Important Information
- Renting in Australia – Pets & Your Rental
- Renting in Australia – Condition Report
- Renting – Paying A Bond
- Renting in Australia – Ending A Lease
- Renting Upfront Costs
- Renting in Australia – House Maintenance & Alterations
- Renting in Australia- Rent Increases
- Renting in Australia – How It Works
- Renting in Australia – Tips To Help You Secure A Lease
- Renting in Australia – Pros & Cons
- Buying A House in Australia
- Buying a House – How Much Can I Borrow?
- Buying a House – First Home Owners Grant (FHOG)
- Buying a House- Choosing a Lender?
- Buying a House – Your Credit File
- Buying a House – Documents You’ll Need
- Legal System of Australia (2)
- Babies & Children (7)
- Healthcare in Australia – You & The Private Health System
- Healthcare in Australia – You & The Public Health System
- Children and Babies – Choosing Public or Private
- Children and Babies – Birthing Options
- Children and Babies – Midwife Contact Details
- Children and Babies – Birth Centre Contact Details
- Children and Babies – Hospital Contact Details
- Child Care & Early Learning in Australia (6)
- Community Services (3)
- Utilities – Getting Connected (5)
- Credit Checks (11)
- What Is A Credit Check?
- You & Your Credit File
- Accessing Your Credit File
- What Are Credit Rating Agencies?
- What Is Equifax?
- Who Will Check Your Credit File?
- Checking Your Own Credit Rating
- How To Check & How Much Does It Cost?
- Your Credit File – What Information Do They Hold?
- Is A Credit Report Australia-Wide?
- Useful Information
- Driver’s Licences in Australia (5)
- Education in Australia (9)
- Year & Age Comparison – Primary & Secondary Education
- Structure – Primary & Secondary Education
- Cost – Primary & Secondary Education
- Education in Australia – Tertiary Education
- Education in Australia – Costs of University in Australia
- Education in Australia – University Contact Details
- Education in Australia – Choosing Schools in Australia
- Education in Australia – What Is NAPLAN?
- Education in Australia – Education Departments By State
- Insurance Information (12)
- Insurance in Australia – Insurance Basics
- Home Insurance in Australia – Guide to Insurance in Australia
- Insurance in Australia – Car Insurance Tips
- Income Protection Insurance in Australia for Kiwis
- Life Insurance in Australia
- Consumer Credit Insurance – Insurance in Australia
- Pet Insurance in Australia
- Scooter & Motorbike Insurance Australia
- Personal Items Insurance in Australia
- Worker’s Compensation in Australia
- Buying a House in Australia – Lender’s Mortgage Insurance
- Vehicle Insurance in Australia
- Tax in Aus (5)
- Financial Stuff (5)
- Health (7)
- Health Entitlements for New Zealanders
- Medicare for Kiwis – Frequently Asked Questions
- Private Health Insurance in Australia
- Healthcare in Australia – Costs
- Healthcare in Australia – What is Bulk Billing?
- Healthcare in Australia – Filling Prescriptions
- Healthcare in Australia – Information and Services in Australia
- Marriage & Relationships in Australia (7)
- Police Clearances (2)
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (3)
- Transporting Your Belongings to Australia (3)
- What to Bring With You (3)
- Superannuation – What You Need to Know (7)
- Working With Children Checks (5)
- Immigration & Residency (8)
- Skilled Work Visas in Australia
- Family Visas in Australia for New Zealanders
- Resident Return Visa
- Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189) New Zealand Stream
- Partner Visas for Kiwis in Australia
- Child & Adoption Visas
- Getting a Permanent Visa in Australia as a Kiwi
- Getting Australian Citizenship for Kiwis- Dual Citizenship
- Government Benefits In Australia (10)
- Government Benefits – NZ and Australia
- Australian Government Assistance for Kiwis – Frequently Asked Questions
- Centrelink and Kiwis
- Payments – Available to All
- Australian Government Assistance Available to Kiwis in Australia
- Age Pension for Kiwis in Australia
- Disability Support Pension in Australia
- Carer’s Pension in Australia
- One-off Payments from Australian Government
- Other Government Assistance Payments
- Pensions – What You Need To Know (2)