Please click the video to pause or play again.
It is important that New Zealanders understand there are some insurances in Australia that differ from those in New Zealand and that it is vital to have some insurances in Australia that you would otherwise not need in New Zealand.
Insurance in Australia – Insurance Basics To offer a brief explanation, when you take out an insurance policy in Australia, you pay a monthly or annual premium. A premium is...
Home Insurance in Australia There are several different types of insurance you can purchase for your home that can offer some peace of mind. Home Insurance (sometimes called Building Insurance)...
Insurance in Australia – Car Insurance Tips Compulsory Third Party, which you must have by law to register a car, does not cover youfor damage to your vehicle, other vehicles or...
Income Protection Insurance in Australia for Kiwis Income Protection is one of the most important types of insurance that New Zealanders working in Australia need to consider purchasing. It comes...
Life Insurance in Australia Life insurance could help your family financially if you or your partner died or became seriously ill and couldn’t work. There are several types of insurance...
Consumer Credit Insurance – Insurance in Australia Consumer credit insurance (CCI) covers you if something happens to you that affects your ability to meet your credit repayment. CCI covers your payments in...
Pet Insurance in Australia Pet Insurance can help you pay for unexpected vet treatments. Some policies also offer cover for routine fare such as general checkups and everyday preventative care....
Motorbike & Scooter Insurance If you own a motorbike or scooter, you can find policies that can insure against loss of damage to your motorcycle and motorcycle apparel including bike...
Personal Items Insurance in Australia You might decide to take out personal items insurance (also known as valuables insurance) if you own certain things that have a high individual value, such as...
- Accommodation (22)
- Renting in Australia
- Renting in Australia – Making A Good Impression
- Renting in Australia – Before You Arrive in Oz
- Renting in Australia – Considerations
- Renting in Australia – Leasing Necessary Documents
- Renting in Australia – Important Information
- Renting in Australia – Pets & Your Rental
- Renting in Australia – Condition Report
- Renting – Paying A Bond
- Renting in Australia – Ending A Lease
- Renting Upfront Costs
- Renting in Australia – House Maintenance & Alterations
- Renting in Australia- Rent Increases
- Renting in Australia – How It Works
- Renting in Australia – Tips To Help You Secure A Lease
- Renting in Australia – Pros & Cons
- Buying A House in Australia
- Buying a House – How Much Can I Borrow?
- Buying a House – First Home Owners Grant (FHOG)
- Buying a House- Choosing a Lender?
- Buying a House – Your Credit File
- Buying a House – Documents You’ll Need
- Legal System of Australia (2)
- Babies & Children (7)
- Healthcare in Australia – You & The Private Health System
- Healthcare in Australia – You & The Public Health System
- Children and Babies – Choosing Public or Private
- Children and Babies – Birthing Options
- Children and Babies – Midwife Contact Details
- Children and Babies – Birth Centre Contact Details
- Children and Babies – Hospital Contact Details
- Child Care & Early Learning in Australia (6)
- Community Services (3)
- Utilities – Getting Connected (5)
- Credit Checks (11)
- What Is A Credit Check?
- You & Your Credit File
- Accessing Your Credit File
- What Are Credit Rating Agencies?
- What Is Equifax?
- Who Will Check Your Credit File?
- Checking Your Own Credit Rating
- How To Check & How Much Does It Cost?
- Your Credit File – What Information Do They Hold?
- Is A Credit Report Australia-Wide?
- Useful Information
- Driver’s Licences in Australia (5)
- Education in Australia (9)
- Year & Age Comparison – Primary & Secondary Education
- Structure – Primary & Secondary Education
- Cost – Primary & Secondary Education
- Education in Australia – Tertiary Education
- Education in Australia – Costs of University in Australia
- Education in Australia – University Contact Details
- Education in Australia – Choosing Schools in Australia
- Education in Australia – What Is NAPLAN?
- Education in Australia – Education Departments By State
- Insurance Information (12)
- Insurance in Australia – Insurance Basics
- Home Insurance in Australia – Guide to Insurance in Australia
- Insurance in Australia – Car Insurance Tips
- Income Protection Insurance in Australia for Kiwis
- Life Insurance in Australia
- Consumer Credit Insurance – Insurance in Australia
- Pet Insurance in Australia
- Scooter & Motorbike Insurance Australia
- Personal Items Insurance in Australia
- Worker’s Compensation in Australia
- Buying a House in Australia – Lender’s Mortgage Insurance
- Vehicle Insurance in Australia
- Tax in Aus (5)
- Financial Stuff (5)
- Health (7)
- Health Entitlements for New Zealanders
- Medicare for Kiwis – Frequently Asked Questions
- Private Health Insurance in Australia
- Healthcare in Australia – Costs
- Healthcare in Australia – What is Bulk Billing?
- Healthcare in Australia – Filling Prescriptions
- Healthcare in Australia – Information and Services in Australia
- Marriage & Relationships in Australia (7)
- Police Clearances (2)
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (3)
- Transporting Your Belongings to Australia (3)
- What to Bring With You (3)
- Superannuation – What You Need to Know (7)
- Superannuation in Australia
- Voluntary Contributions Superannuation in Australia
- Moving Superannuation to Australia
- Pensions & Superannuation in Australia
- Superannuation in Australia FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s the Difference between Superannuation in NZ and Australia?
- Superannuation in Australia – How it Works
- Working With Children Checks (5)
- Immigration & Residency (8)
- Government Benefits In Australia (10)
- Government Benefits – NZ and Australia
- Australian Government Assistance for Kiwis – Frequently Asked Questions
- Centrelink and Kiwis
- Payments – Available to All
- Australian Government Assistance Available to Kiwis in Australia
- Age Pension for Kiwis in Australia
- Disability Support Pension in Australia
- Carer’s Pension in Australia
- One-off Payments from Australian Government
- Other Government Assistance Payments
- Pensions – What You Need To Know (2)